Diet Tips

Sponsor a Child

I've been seeing those sponsor a child ads on television since I was a kid, which, after all these years, makes them easy to tune out. I consider myself a good person and I try to stay involved in my community, but sponsoring a child was just not something on my radar until a few months ago. I was home sick, watching daytime television when one of those children's charity ads came on. For some reason, that time I looked at it and really paid attention. Did they really mean what they said? Was the economy the children in the ad lived in so depressed that I could feed one of them for less than a dollar a day?

I was disappointed with myself for never being curious about this before, and I immediately called the sponsor a child organization to get some more information. They confirmed what the ad said, and even had some information on hand to prove it. They directed me to a UN development website which talked about cost of living, per capita income and economic depression in some of the most depressed countries in the world. I thought about what $30 dollars a month meant to me, and realized it was not much. I could drop $30 on dinner out, easily, and then go see a movie, get drinks and so on. The cost of sponsoring a child was significantly less than the cost of my typical Friday night out; it seemed rather greedy and callous not to sponsor a child under those conditions.

About an hour after I first saw the advertisement, I had signed up to sponsor a child in sub-Saharan Africa. They sent me a packet in the mail that I got about four days later. It had a personalized biography of the child that I was sponsoring. He was about eight years old, and lived in a small village that had only recently gained access to clean water. He was kind of a cute kid, and the packet even included a handwritten letter from him. Although the sponsor a child program did Not allow me to write him a letter, the organization said that I would continue to receive updates about how he was doing for as long as I continued my sponsorship. I thought the personalized updates were a smart move for the child sponsorship charity; they really make me aware that I am helping a particular kid out, and encourage me to get even more involved.
You have read the best review article categorized by best tips and the title Sponsor a Child. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL http://besttipsto.blogspot.com/2012/10/sponsor-child.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “Sponsor a Child”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive