Diet Tips

Free Marathon Running Training Schedules

I've been jogging for fitness for about two years now, and think I've worked myself into pretty good shape. I currently run about 25 miles per week, and have no trouble doing so. I want to push myself even harder now, which is why I'm considering entering a few races. Not as a serious contender, of course, but just as a back-of-the-pack runner trying to meet a personal challenge. Towards this end, I've been looking at marathon running training schedules online and will start following one of them soon.

If you're not familiar with what it takes to run marathons, you might be surprised to learn that you can't just simply show up at the starting line on race day and expect to finish. Even seasoned runners that log lots and lots of miles every week need to engage in special marathon running training before the big event. That's because going 26.2 miles in a single afternoon takes an incredible toll on the body and isn't something that most of us are already prepared to do.

Fortunately, you don't have to hire an expensive personal trainer in order to get ready for any marathons you want to enter. Instead, there are hundreds upon hundreds of fitness websites on the Internet that provide excellent information for free. Many of these sites offer marathon running training schedules that will safely get you in race shape. There are schedules for beginner, intermediate, and advanced runners, so all you have to do is choose the level that applies to your situation and download the corresponding workout recommendation. I will choose beginner even though I've been putting in consistent miles for two years. My goal is to simply finish the race, so I figure I better train at a level I know I can handle.

Most of the marathon running training programs I've seen thus far encompass about 9 to 12 weeks of workouts. This is the minimum amount of time you should allow yourself to get into race shape, so be sure to plan your event entries accordingly. In other words, you shouldn't consider marathons that are only a couple months away because you likely won't be ready to go by then -- unless you're an extremely experienced runner with several long-distance races under your belt already.

I also need to keep in mind that marathon running training involves more than just consistent workouts. I also need to eat properly, remain sufficiently hydrated, and allow myself several rest and recovery days to ensure that my body is in top form. Nutrition tips for people gearing up for marathons are also widely available online, so I'll be sure to check those out as well.

I'm actually excited to embark on my marathon running training program. It gets kind of boring to run as much as I do with no real purpose in mind. I'm anxious to see if I'll actually be able to finish 26.2 miles all at one go!
You have read the best review article categorized by best tips and the title Free Marathon Running Training Schedules. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL http://besttipsto.blogspot.com/2012/08/free-marathon-running-training-schedules.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “Free Marathon Running Training Schedules”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive