Diet Tips

Ensure Total Disposal with a Paper Shredding Service

Identity theft and fraud are such major concerns these days that I've instituted a strict document disposal policy at my small business. Nobody is allowed to simply toss paperwork or files into the trash. Instead, everything is collected in a secure bin and then hauled away by a paper shredding service at regular intervals.

I settled on this policy after bringing in a consultant to go over the best ways to protect our private business information while getting rid of outdated documents. This might seem like an extreme step, but since my firm deals with a lot of financial data, including bank account and credit card numbers, I really had no choice in the matter. If a client's personal details managed to fall into the wrong hands, my credibility -- and position in this industry -- would be destroyed. Going with a professional paper shredding service means that I no longer have to worry about worst-case scenarios.

You might be wondering why I didn't just buy an industrial paper shredding machine and handle all the document disposal onsite. Well, that would certainly be a more cost-effective approach, and is an option for people who aren't quite as picky about making sure there's no trace of data left. I learned that, if they're determined enough, savvy thieves can reassemble papers that have been through a shredder, and I can't take the chance of having someone rummage through my garbage cans to turn my documents into a big jigsaw puzzle.

One of the main benefits of using a paper shredding service is that all of my files are taken completely off site to a separate facility. Once there, the documents are thoroughly destroyed, and the remnants disposed of in an incinerator. There is absolutely zero chance of recovering any data from a pile of ashes, so that definitely gives me some peace of mind. This is also something that I use as a selling point with customers who are worried about security. Once I tell them that I use an offsite paper shredding service, their fears are calmed and I usually end up with a contract.

Finding a paper shredding service was relatively easy, as this type of data disposal is rather common now. There were several companies in my area, so all I did was review their disposal procedures and then negotiate a price I could live with. I have to say this turned out to be a pretty good investment!

If you run a business that deals in sensitive data, then you might want to examine your document disposal practices to see if they're lacking in any respect. A paper shredding service could be just what you need to guard against damaging data leaks and shore up your security.
You have read the best review article categorized by best tips and the title Ensure Total Disposal with a Paper Shredding Service. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL https://besttipsto.blogspot.com/2012/03/ensure-total-disposal-with-paper.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “Ensure Total Disposal with a Paper Shredding Service”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive