Diet Tips

Uses for Magellan Handheld GPS Systems

A lot of cars come equipped with on-board navigation systems these days because the technology is now very affordable for consumers. And though I would love to have the security and peace of mind that comes with knowing I won't truly get lost thanks to the wonders of modern global positioning systems, I still can't bring myself to purchase an on-board unit. Instead, after careful consideration and a lot of comparison shopping, I'm going to buy a Magellan handheld GPS device.

There are several reasons that I believe a Magellan handheld GPS system is superior to other types available. First of all, this device is completely portable, allowing me to take advantage of the great features in a variety of situations and settings. For instance, I enjoy hiking, and a Magellan handheld GPS unit would be a terrific companion to take with me while exploring new tracks and trails. I can enter numerous waypoints as I go, and also enable a special "BackTrack" feature to help me retrace my steps exactly to get back to my starting point.

I'm also an avid boater, and again, a Magellan handheld GPS could come in handy while venturing out into unfamiliar waters. In addition, I can load the device with special fishing charts to help me mark the best spots for catching the big ones or flag dangerous, rocky areas that I should avoid.

A Magellan handheld GPS would also be perfect for use in geocaching. Geocaching is a very popular treasure hunt game that has taken the entire world by storm. Participants hide a cache of "treasure" (usually just small trinkets) somewhere off the beaten path, and let other participants know about the stash by publishing the coordinates on geocaching websites. Then anyone who wants to can try to find the treasure -- and leave a new one in its place. I think this game sounds really cool, and can't wait to use my Magellan handheld GPS system to find some loot!

And of course, I'll still be able to use my Magellan handheld GPS in the car. I'll just have to buy some kind of mount for it and make sure I upload the relevant maps before setting off, and I should be good to go. As with on-board navigation systems, I can save certain routes, note the locations of good restaurants or hotels, and even record travel data such as distance and time, so I'm not really losing out on anything by going with a portable unit.

As you can see, I really have done my homework here and have come to the conclusion that a Magellan handheld GPS device will give me the best bang for my buck. I can use it for a variety of activities and in a bunch of situations where an on-board system would be useless, so I'm confident with my decision. Now I just have to go place my order and wait for the shipment to come in!
You have read the best review article categorized by best tips and the title Uses for Magellan Handheld GPS Systems. You can bookmark or spread this post by using this URL https://besttipsto.blogspot.com/2012/03/uses-for-magellan-handheld-gps-systems.html. Thank You!

Comments :

0 comments to “Uses for Magellan Handheld GPS Systems”

Post a Comment

Affiliate Marketing Training Programs and Courses
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive